Saturday, June 9, 2012

Egg White and Banana Oatmeal

If you're looking for a quick and healthy breakfast, this is it. Now, some people don't like their oats; I know I didn't in the beginning, but I assure you that it's one of the best options for breakfasts because it'll keep you full for longer, contains a lot of fibre, and are dirt cheap.


Ingredients:
1/3 cup quick oats
2/3 cups water (or 1/2 cup low-fat milk)
2 egg whites, whisked to frothy
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of stevia
1 banana, sliced
1 teaspoon ground flaxseed

Instructions:
Add oats and water to a bowl and microwave for one minute. Stir the oatmeal, pour the egg whites in and add the salt, making sure the egg whites are mixed in well. Microwave for another one minute. Stir, and microwave for another 30 seconds (but you should microwave to your desired consistency). Stir, sprinkle stevia, decorate with the banana, and sprinkle the flaxseed.

No comments:

Post a Comment