I know these cookies are nowhere near healthy, but I just had to. The damned exam period finally got the best of me. You see, I'm currently in the middle my exams, and I have only one paper left; so close to the end! Then, after my third paper, I turned the TV on, and someone was making cookies on the Food Channel. Bad idea. The idea of cookies stuck in my head, so I decided I had to bake some cookies.
125g butter, at room temperature
275g (1 cup) natural crunchy peanut butter
200g (1 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
1 egg
260g (1 3/4 cups) plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 tim tams
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 180°C (or about 200°C on a non-fan-forced oven). Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
Beat the butter and peanut butter in a mixing bowl with electric beaters until creamy. Add the brown sugar and beat until pale. Add the egg and beat until combined. Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl, and beat until a well mixed dough is formed. Break the tim tams into bits and fold into the mixture using a wooden spoon.
Lightly flour your hands, then roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls and place about 4cm apart on prepared baking tray. Flatten each ball to about 5cm in diameter and 1 cm thick. Bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes for soft cookies, 15 minutes for stiffer cookies, or until cooked through. Stand on baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Store in an airtight container.

No comments:
Post a Comment